The HerStories Project's
Join a supportive writing community
In this four-week class, we'll learn together how to tell our stories with voice and polish.
"What a writer can do, what a fiction writer or a poet or an essay writer can do is re-engage people with their own humanity." - Barbara Kingsolver
This class is for you if...
- You want to learn strategies for finding and sharpening your writing ideas.
- You want to learn how to use a wider range of story techniques in your writing.
- You want to join a community of supportive, reflective writers who will help push your writing to the next level.
- You want to find out how to pitch your stories to editors with confidence.
In the Premium Version you'll also get....
- Line by line editing of a draft
- E-mail support for two weeks about the draft
- A 30-minute private coaching session
In both the regular class and Premium version, each week will feature a written or video lesson, a writing exercise, and a class phone call. Times for the weekly phone call will be determined by student schedules before the start of the first class. Each call will be recorded and posted to the class website.
WEEK ONE: Uncovering a Topic We'll discover the topics that are meaningful to you and push you to find topics that merge the personal with the universal. We'll learn strategies for providing and incorporating effective feedback.
WEEK TWO: Drafting the story We'll write, using memories and images from our own lives.
WEEK THREE: Revising and Polishing We'll rework our pieces, focusing on both the big picture and finer details.
WEEK FOUR: Pitching and Publishing We'll work together to find the best venue for your writing.
"This class was worth more to me in what I learned than classes I've paid $500 for. There were concrete examples, and exercises. We weren't weighed down with feedback for others. It was the best online writing course I've had in five years."
Four Weeks, One Community.
For all levels of writers.
Learn to tell your story.
Former students welcome!
"Publish your Best Personal Essay was an excellent online class - distinguished from others I have taken by its very well organized structure, user-friendly software, clear lesson plans and insightful teachers and experts."