We are thrilled to present our newest online writing course, just in time to beat the dreaded "summer slide" before school starts again!
Connect with your school-aged/tween child through writing
This self-paced course is great opportunity to connect with your child through writing, give yourself a create outlet and reflect on your writing, and provide your child with some fun and useful exercises to keep their writing skills sharp and polished as summer wraps up.
This class will provide opportunities for you as a parent writer to:
- Reflect on why you write
- Reflect on your writing space, routine, and goals
- Confront your writing saboteurs and inner critic to better care for yourself as a parent-writer
- Discover the difference between writing your story and your family's story
- Polish your writing craft
- Learn how to more effectively revise and edit their writing
- Incorporate a variety of writing crafts to make their writing stand out
- Practice different writing styles
- Keep their skills polished and fresh during the summer break
- Get excited about writing
- Connect through writing
- Participate in shared writing prompts, collaborative creation, and journaling together
- Experience the joy of creation together in a new way
For your child to:
For you AND your child to:
Each week's lesson will have exercises for each of the three components of the course: an opportunity for you as a mother/writer to create, an assignment for your child to complete independently, and an exercise to be completed with your child. You can start ANY TIME and take the class at your own pace. Here is a course overview:
- Week One: Why Do You Write?
- Week Two: Getting Ready to Write and Setting Yourself Up For Success
- Week Three: Getting Writer's Block, Feeling Discouraged, and Taking Care of Yourself
- Week Four: Telling Your Story
- Week FIve: Telling Your Family's Story
- BONUS CONTENT: Focus On Your Craft and Polish Your Writing
You do NOT need to be a published or professional author to join in! Those who love to write poetry, journal, and write creatively are welcomed at any skill level, as are published authors, essayists, and bloggers. This class is for you if:
- You love to write
- You want to share your joy of writing with your child *without* power struggles
- You want your child to keep his/her writing skills sharp before school starts *without* spending a fortune on summer school or writing camps
- You're looking for a way to connect with your child creatively
- You want to make time to reflect on your own writing life
- You'd like to improve your own writing craft with revision and editing strategies, tips for more dynamic personal essays, writing prompts, readings, reflection, and connection with other writers.
Class Registration Opens July 18th!
Registration is NOW OPEN and will stay open all summer. You can sign up today, tomorrow, next week, or any time during August to be added to the course immediately so you can dive in right away!
All class members will have indefinite access to the online course (remember, you can start at any time and complete the lessons at your own pace-- no schedule to work around!), participation in a closed Facebook discussion group, downloadable PDFs for your child's lesson, and a comprehensive PDF resource of revision and editing strategies for your child.
Join us for a fun, LOW-PRESSURE writing class that you and your child will both enjoy! Looking forward to writing with you this summer!