"Mother, Writer: Finding, Claiming, and Using Our Voices" (May 11 - 29)
We're thrilled to announce our newest class!
This unique three week course will be a blend of provocative discussion questions, related readings, writing prompts, and class discussion within a safe, supportive course community. Each day of this three-week class will be focused on a theme and question and will include a relevant reading, as well as a topic for discussion and for writing response. Participants will share the responsibility for guiding class discussion. The cost is $85.
Topics will include:
- How does being a mother who works outside the home or stays at home influence your writing?
- When and how do we write about our children and our marriages?
- What are your fears as a writer?
- Do you identify as a "mommy blogger" or a "mother-writer"?
- How do memories of your own mother and childhood influence your writing?
- How do we make time for ourselves as writers?
- How do we respond to criticism and commenters when our writing is made public?
Take the class....
Join us in discussing and writing about our lives as mothers and writers....
Join our HerStories writing community! In just a few short months, we've watched our students' writing from our classes be published in such publications as the New York Times Motherlode, Full Grown People, the Washington Post On Parenting, and Mamalode.